Monday, October 22, 2012

The colors of fall

You know those wonderful stories of neighbors trading baked goods, celebrating holidays with barbecues and parties, children playing together in the cul-de-sac?

I would love to say that's exactly our experience. But... we're sorta the opposite.

For some reason, with all the really great people in the world, we drew the short sticks. Between the neighbor who threatened to kidnap and kill our cat, the neighbor who won't talk to us after we built a fence (on our property) to keep their big dog out of our yard, and the neighbor who would rather we run over her children than give a warning honk, we are surrounded by winners.

We keep to ourselves and pretend they aren't there. It's much easier that way.

One of our neighbors has a HUGE patio boat. In the non-summer months, it sits right behind our house - with the biggest, bluest tarp you're ever seen.

I came home Friday and laughed right out loud when I saw that it has returned to its hibernation spot. It was one of those laughs that you do so you don't cry.

The view of my beautiful garden from my bedroom window:
Tint up just a bit:
Oh, the colors of fall! Sigh.

Fortunately, my endorphins were flowing from my short shakeout run. Nothing could keep me down :)

I almost skipped my after-work-run but decided to brave the bluster.
It was a slow shortie to prepare for Sunday's race. I wore a jacket for the first time this year:
In motion:
Ah, the good colors of fall:
Finished up 2.5 miles at a 10:05 pace:
Just what I needed!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment