Friday, February 22, 2013

Cooper Mountain Nature Park

Last weekend Brad and I explored some new-to-us trails in our area: Cooper Mountain Nature Park.
It's close by in Beaverton, just about 15 minutes from our Tigard house. I'd love to bike there, but some HUGE hills stand between us. 

High clouds hung above us, but the view was still beautiful:
Checking out the rose hips:
Being on the side of a mountain, the trails all start off downhill - fairly steeply. And that means some good uphills on the way back. We did the big outside loop with a little loop at the bottom. In all, I think it was about 2.5 miles. We thought about it as a new running spot, but I think the steepness is a bit much for me.

The trails we went on were covered in tiny gravel and regular gravel. The trees and shrubs were naked for the winter, but I can just imagine how lush parts are during the summer. I can't wait to come back and see the other seasons.
Our favorite part?
Yippee!

I know there are lots of good dog lovers out there. But I am so tired of sharing the trail with rude owners who cannot control their pets. This was awesome :)

Check out Cooper Mountain Nature Park! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment