Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 12: what's next?

You might think that after 11 weeks of dedicated training and a kick-butt race I'd sit back and relax, content with reaching surpassing my goal. But that's just not me!

At the end of April, I will be running the Eugene Marathon. You may have heard me mention that before ;)
So now I'm transitioning into a marathon training program. It's the same book I used to train for my first half in July 2011 - a run/walk program designed to get my mileage up without totally killing me. Hopefully. We'll see.

This program has me running just three times per week - two shorter runs and a long run. No speedwork this time. "They" say you should either work on speed or distance - but not both at the same time. So I'm slowing it down and just getting miles under my feet. There are built-in walk breaks in each run, and I plan to also walk during the race. 
I'm really scared and apprehensive, but my confidence is building - and I'm looking forward to the challenge!

This week, I took some time to recover from my race. I also laid low when I got hit with a head cold. Thankfully it was short-lived and I'm back at it!

Week 12 training recap:
Monday: spin class
Tuesday: Rest Day - fighting a cold
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: 3.15 miles
Week 12 Total: 17.69 miles

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment