Friday, September 12, 2014

Time for the blinking light

The air had a strange feel to it when I hit the road this morning for some early miles.

Yesterday brought high east winds and very low humidity to our fair city. This morning, the winds had died down and shifted. But the air felt hot and cold at the same time. It was odd. Maybe it was the low humidity??

Still working on my start-from-scratch run/walk program, I ran 2 minutes, walked 2 minutes nine times. Wednesday's kickboxing class totally kicked my butt - possibly from lots of long intervals. I'm still really sore, so I did just a shakeout bike ride last night and then kept my run slow this morning.
 
I managed 3.33 miles, all before the sun popped up:
I even added a blinking red light to my bright-green shirt this morning for extra visibility. Might need to get out the reflective vest soon!

Yesterday's crazy wind stripped most of the leaves off my dogwood. Boy, it sure looks like fall now!
Nick Allard mentioned rain in the forecast and I almost wet my pants with excitement! From Intellicast:
I cannot tell you how happy that makes me :)

Mom posted this on Facebook this week. Describes me to a T!
I hope the forecast holds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment