Sunday, July 9, 2017

5 on the 4th (7/4/17)

Per tradition, we did a family race to kick off our Fourth of July festivities!

The ORRC 5 on the 4th is held at Mentor Graphics, right next to Brad's work in Wilsonville. We did this race a couple years ago and really liked it, so we signed up again. And like last time, we rode our bikes the 9 miles to the start.

Tutus!!!!!!
Mom's still battling a torn plantar fascia, so she took pictures and then went to an acupuncture appointment. Ready to run:
Brad stayed with me while I ran as fast as my tired legs would allow. I was running hard but couldn't quite maintain when the road went uphill about .25 from the end. I took a short moment to catch my breath, then I sprinted to the end. I finished in 26:32, an 8:32 average. I'll take it! 

My time was good enough for 4/13 in my age group, 16/63 females and 52/122 overall.

This was Eryn's first race since her spring back surgery to repair a herniated disc. She did great! Ready to get back on the racing wagon :)
She sprinted past that other woman in the tutu!
Dad's been caring for his ailing 97-year-old father and hasn't had much time for working out. But he didn't want to miss the holiday fun :)
Dad and Brad won raffle prizes!!!
:)

Official race pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment