Tuesday, August 30, 2011

All smiles

I don't know what got into me this afternoon, but I was high on life!

Work was just so-so... nothing too exciting. Except Mom and I did the final design on a new soundboard cart for the marching band. It was good fun for band nerds like us.

You know how some people get all gloomy when the weather turns? I'm the opposite. I get all giggly as fall returns each year. Seriously. I think today's cool clouds contributed to the smile I couldn't wipe away.

Eryn picked today to get back into running, and I invited her to join me on my 30-minute workout.
I needed a slow run, so it worked out perfectly. She did awesome, running straight through without any walk breaks. We did the first two-thirds above a 12-minute mile, but she pushed it hard at the finish and ended with an 11:54 average!

Good job, Sis!
Then I headed to WinCo for some last-minute snacks for our trip. A hay-truck fire on I-205 had area traffic completely screwed - nearly gridlocked in some places. It took about 45 minutes to reach my house, which is just a couple miles away.
BUT... I was still all smiles. Aw... look at those clouds!!
I caught the eye of several other drivers and got some smiles in return. And I started laughing when the women next to me put on her parking brake and changed her pants right behind the wheel!

I hope today found you smiling, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment