Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dog Mountain (8/2/11)

Matthew and Glen joined Eryn and me Tuesday for our last NFC youth hike of the summer.

First we did Angel's Rest, then Wahkeena to Multnomah falls. This time it was Dog Mountain on the Washington side of the Gorge.
We took a rest and ate a snack at the lower viewpoint:
Then we continued up the steep trail to the top, with views of Hood, St. Helens and "brown Oregon" to the east.
The guys enjoyed the sunny spot:
They humored me for one more picture before we headed down:
I'm glad we organized these hikes - it was fun to get out, meet some new people and share our love of the outdoors. A big thanks to Eryn for helping me out! I wish more students had joined us, but it was great to hang out with Matthew, Anthony, Aren, Mikayla, Juan and Glen :)

Maybe we'll try again next summer!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment