Friday, August 19, 2011

Cookie dough is not good pre-run food

Burp.

Surprisingly, raw chocolate-chip cookie dough is NOT a good pre-run meal. Who knew??

I got home from work and whipped up some cookies to take to my grandparents' picnic tomorrow. I have almost zero will power and ended up eating too much dough. And a couple cookies. A small grilled cheese sandwich also made it into my stomach (gotta have some protein!)
I waited as long as I could, then headed out for my 40-minute run, instantly getting a side ache and regretting the pigout.

It eventually went away, but then my intestines started cramping. A little later, I thought I was going to hurl. Nice.

Still, I managed to have a good run. Run 20 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 20. I did 4.43 miles in 41:23 minutes... a 9:21 average overall.
And I had negative splits: first interval 9:17, second interval 9:09!

My takeaway from today: Cookie dough babies are no fun during or after a run.

I think I'll go shower and slip into some stretchy pants now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment