Monday, August 22, 2011

8 miles... no sweat!

Actually... LOTS of sweat. I told you, I'm gross.

I'm still battling some kind of cold - lots of sniffs and sneezing. And it was SO hot this weekend. So we put off our long run until this evening. It had to be done... and we did it!
I did not wet my pants. It's just sweat. I told you, I'm gross :)

We ran through Cook Park to Tualatin Park, around Tualatin Commons, around Durham Park (Practically got high just breathing the stinky air. I could just picture the stoners crouched in the brush smoking weed) and back up through our neighborhood.
8 miles in 1:26:43... a 10:50 average including our walk breaks. It was work, but it felt pretty good - doable. And I made it past the dreaded 6-mile/1-hour mark without bonking - woohoo!!!

It was much cooler this evening, and a small system brought cloud cover to shelter us from the sun. Nice!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment