Friday, August 12, 2011

Running from Mickey

Since I did intervals yesterday and am preparing for 11 miles this weekend (my last long run before my big Disney race!), I was happy to slow it down a bit and run with Mom this morning.

She's training for the Disneyland 5K the same weekend as my half and has been dealing with a chronic foot injury. MAJOR bummer. I'm helping her increase her speed so Mickey doesn't haul her butt off the course :)

She did great - staying under the time limit. But we only went just over halfway. She's got some work to do in the next three weeks, but I KNOW SHE CAN DO IT!

I sprinted to her house and back (though I could definitely tell I sprinted yesterday, because my all-out was a lot slower today!) and ended up with 3.32 miles in 40:30 - a 12:13 average.

Go Mom, go!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment