Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tempo Thursday: a PR and a date

I've been exhausted all week after chaperoning the THS band trip to Disneyland, but Thursday means an after-school tempo run... so a run it was!

It was cloudy and threatening to rain, but the temp wasn't bad. Pretty good running weather, actually.
My plan was to run about 4 miles at about a 9-minute average. But I started out pretty speedy and decided to push hard for a 5K and see how it went.

I ended up with a 5K PR!! 3.1 miles in 26:19 - an 8:29 average. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
The breakdown...

Mile 1 - 8:42
Mile 2 - 8:39
Mile 3.1 - 8:09

Cooldown .25 - 9:47

Overall 3.35 miles in 28:43 - an 8:35 average.

Feels great :)

I took a quick shower at work and went straight to our union meeting in the THS library. Time to vote in next year's officers.

Brad picked me up at school and we drove to the MMC (Mazama Mountaineering Center) at Southeast 43rd and Stark in Portland so he could pick up climb cards and apply for summer climbs.

Then we hit the food cart pod a couple blocks away on Belmont. We both decided on Mexican:
Grilled veggie burrito for me:
Torta pastor for Brad:
And two grilled veggie tacos to share:
Excellent! We will go back :)

On the way home, we stopped by Food Fight, a vegan grocery store at Southeast 12th and Stark. After buying me the Native Foods Cafe cookbook for Valentine's Day, Brad has been experimenting with vegan cooking at home. He needed some ingredients, so we stopped to check out the store.

It was great - reasonable prices and many local products. We picked up some snacks, too.

We hadn't planned to go out, but I'm glad we did! Impromptu date nights are fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment