Friday, May 2, 2014

Dreaded DOMS

I tried kickboxing Wednesday! A THS senior is an instructor at her parents' gym and is offering a once-a-week staff class to raise money for an upcoming trip to Italy.

That's Brittany!

I decided to give it a try, and despite my near-complete lack of coordination, I managed to get a great workout.

But I woke Thursday feeling great - and sad because I apparently didn't get the awesome workout I thought I had. But by evening, I was HURTING!

DOMS!

Delayed onset muscle soreness "is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise." (source) It doesn't come right away but a day or two after the exercise.

OUCHY! Everything hurts - legs, butt, arms, back!

I haven't experienced the dreaded DOMS in a while. New activities will get ya every time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment