Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lentil Spinach Soup

I've been on a lentil kick lately - they are just so cheap in the bulk section and so good for me! This recipe for Lentil Spinach Soup on EverybodyLikesSandwiches caught my eye.

1 c lentils
5 1/2 c vegetable stock (I used bouillon because it's easy)
1 onion, finely diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large carrot, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t dried chili flakes
1 bunch spinach (I went light on the spinach because Brad's not a fan of the cooked green)
salt & pepper

In a large pot combine stock, lentils, onion, celery, carrots, garlic and chili flakes and bring to a boil. Simmer until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 20-30 minutes. Add in spinach and salt and pepper if necessary. Simmer for another 5 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~
YUM! This soup was very cheap and easy and very flavorful, thanks to the sprinkle of pepper flakes for a little kick. Brad loved it (actually ate two bowls!), declaring it especially good for lentils ;)

This is a definite keeper!

:)

2 comments:

  1. I made this soup this week. VERY YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! And so simple, right?? WOOHOO - glad you liked it :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete