Monday, March 14, 2011

PDR for me!!

Missed my long run yesterday because I got home late from the coast ... and it was DUMPING sideways rain. So I skipped spin class today so I could get in my miles.

The plan called for me to run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 20, walk 1, run 15, walk 1, run 10. It was by far the longest, most intense run of my training so far.

(Nice auto focus!)
My first interval went great. It's mostly flat or downhill, and I was under 9 minutes. Then I headed up hill and my time dropped. Then I started getting really tired and my time dropped. But then I realized that my miles were really adding up!

I finished my fourth and final interval and saw that I was at 5.92 miles. So I ran a couple laps around the THS parking lot and finished 6.2 miles - a 10K!!!!
I'd run that far only one other time... when I did my first Tilikum 10K race many years ago. And my total time was 66 minutes. This time was 61 minutes - and that included my walks.

So I am totally counting this as my PDR (personal distance record)! I was thrilled when I discovered that I had run that far - and while it was painful, I totally did it!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment