Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snotty run

I took off Friday and Saturday to nurse my mild head cold, but I could put it off no longer... Sunday was run day.

My training called for running 10 minutes and walking 1 minute 4 times - for a total of 44 minutes. I had to go to the credit union about 1.5 miles away, so I figured I would load my checks in my SPI belt and run to the ATM, a hilly endeavor. Then I continued through the business park until it was time to turn around.
I was a tiny bit short on my time, and when I reached my cul-de-sac I gave up and quit a bit early. My head was pretty snotty, and the thought of running past home (uphill!) and then coming back just didn't work for me. Then I felt guilty for not making my goal. Oh well.

So in 42:36 minutes, I went 4.45 miles and averaged 9:34-minute miles. Not bad. I'm still feeling good about my progress... 5 weeks to go until my 10K (6.2 miles).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment