Friday, March 4, 2011

Vegetable and garbanzo curry

While I really can't stand it, Brad loves curry. He orders it often at Thai restaurants and enjoyed my Indian leftovers after a recent girls' night out. But since I don't like it, he's never had it a home... until yesterday.

I found a recipe on BHG.com that looked promising, so on No-TV Tuesday, I gave it a try.

3 c cauliflower florets (I used one largish head)
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 c frozen green beans
1 c carrot, sliced
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 14-oz can veggie broth (I used chicken bouillon)
2-3 t curry powder
1 14-oz can light coconut milk
1/4 c fresh basil leaves, shredded

1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine cauliflower, garbanzo beans, green beans, carrot, and onion. Stir in broth and curry powder.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in coconut milk and basil. Serve over brown rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brad tried this last night and declared it good... good enough to make again, even! But he said he would up the curry powder a bit and add potatoes - since potatoes are his favorite part (good to know!). Sounds like a plan.

YAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment