Sunday, March 20, 2011

What was I thinking???

Ugh.

I ran 4.59 miles Friday and then hiked a steep 5.4 miles yesterday. Then I decided to run 5 miles today. What was I thinking??
Friday's run and my King's Mountain hike felt good. Not so much today. The out-and-back route went from home through Cook Park, across the Tualatin River and into Tualatin Park. It was mostly downhill on the way out, and my time was good. But then it was mostly uphill the whole way back. Ugh.

My calves were a tight from hiking 2,780 feet in 2.7 miles, so the uphill coming out of Cook Park was very painful... and very slow. I felt out of steam. I kept going, but my time dropped drastically.
My training called for running 15 minutes and walking 1 minute - 3 times, for a total of 48 minutes. The route from home to the turnaround was exactly 2.5 miles. Because I slowed so much on the way back, I came up a little short on my mileage. So I ran an extra 2 minutes and finished off the 5 miles.

Redeeming things from this run:
*Even if I didn't feel strong, I still ran 5 miles (15.79 for the week!)

*I never found a March race that fit my schedule. Instead of spending money on a race fee, I bought these knee socks and had my own little St. Paddy's Day run:
I love to dress up for races:
You should see the costumes we already have for next year's Halloween race - AWESOME!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment