Thursday, September 8, 2011

Heading south

You've probably heard me mention that I have been training since February for the Disneyland Half Marathon on Labor Day weekend. After 23 weeks of hard work, it was finally time to pack up and head south.

My carry-ons - with my racing gear packed in that black bag. I wasn't going to take any chances of losing my precious luggage:
You think I like Mickey Mouse??
We arrived Thursday evening at a reasonable time, checked in at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and hoofed it down Harbor Boulevard for some dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.
Beef for the men and fish for the women:
The food was good but not fabulous. But we did enjoy sitting on the patio and watching the wait staff dance with children!

We went across the street to buy some food and incidentals at Target before returning to our hotel for bed. Brad was still hungry (surprise, surprise!), so we stopped on the way for some froyo. Yum!
Next up: Friday's race expo at the Disneyland Hotel and a day at the park.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment