Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chilly run

Wanted to get some miles in today but my legs were really tired from spinning Wednesday and sprinting Thursday. Waiting until Sunday was tempting, but I didn't want to give up my chance to run while it was dry.

So Brad and I bundled up and headed to Tualatin. Hadn't worn pants since last winter!
I'd hoped to do 7 miles but settled on 6.2. I started out faster than I knew I could maintain, and my legs were really shot. I had to stop a couple times for brief breaks.
I managed 6.2 miles in 1:00:25 - a 9:45 average. At first, I was pretty bummed about such a bad performance. But then I reminded myself that I'd just run 6+ miles on tired legs (while most people were curled up at home) - and that ain't nothing!

I plan to spin Monday after work and then rest up until the Give 'n Gobble on Thursday. It will be my first race in a while, and I want fresh legs for my PR attempt :)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment