Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Vacation treadmill

I don't have a gym membership.

Thankfully, I have great running opportunities right outside my door. I also have a track, stadium and a weight gym right at my work. Oh, and my spin class! At home, I have a weight machine, elliptical, recumbent bike and rowing machine. Plenty of work-out options.

But it's sometimes fun to try other machines, especially while on vacation. We'd hoped to get out and run this weekend while in Eagle Crest with Brad's folks. But it was so cold that we opted for the fitness center instead.
We convinced Steve and Donna to join us for a bit. Donna walked on a treadmill and Steve used an elliptical before hitting the hot tub and sauna.He didn't really fall off. He's just very, very strange.

The machines were really nice, and a fun change of pace. Brad and I both did a 30-minute hill workout. We thought we'd hope on ellipticals after but decided to just run another 30 on the hills.
With my tunes pumping and old sitcoms on the TV, I cranked out 6.19 miles. Man, did that feel good :)
Very fun to change it up :)

1 comment:

  1. Steve...I didn't say it. Your daughter-in-law did.
    Take care, Friends.
    Marcile

    ReplyDelete