Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Forgotten photos: Starlight Run

Way back in June, I was a running buddy for Girls on the Run. Brad took a ton of pictures during the Starlight Run, and I'm finally getting around to posting them - woohoo!Because it was my birthday weekend, I fueled for the 5K with offerings from Grilled Cheese Grill and Waffle Window... nice!

Last year, my friends dressed up and ran with me...
This year, I traded the hibiscus bra for a Girls on the Run shirt... matching with my buddy, Betsy:
We all met up on the Lincoln High School track.
Our team was from Harvey Scott Elementary School:
We all got blue hair!
Betsy brought me a gift...
a belt that she'd woven for me!
Gotta get the glow sticks ready...
My cousin, Kayla, ran the race with some girlfriends:
Aunt Kari:
Cousin Jessie was also on a Girls on the Run team:
Photographer Brad:
We're ready!
Harvey Scott team photo:
Getting excited - almost time to head to the starting line:
Here we go!
Running down 14th Avenue:
We walk/ran our way through the Starlight Parade route and ended right back at LHS:
We did it!!
Nice job, Betsy - you rocked it! :)
I wore my Garmin, just because I always do. Not bad for a run/walk combo with a second grader :)
Betsy is a great girl who needed a lot of love and attention. I hope GOTR - and the culminating Starlight Run - was a positive experience for her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment