Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No-TV Tuesday: Election Day

My Tuesday afternoon started with a very important errand: voting!

While we Oregonians can mail or drop off our ballots early, I prefer to drop mine on Election Day - it feels more official that way. I rode my bike to Tigard City Hall and did my civic duty.
Then I pedaled home and threw on my FiveFingers. Now that we have a treadmill, I'd like to try the barefoot running trend. It's essential that I ease into it to allow my body to adjust safely. So I ran slowly for just over 1 mile.
It felt good, but I didn't want to push it. As I expected, my calves are a bit tight this morning. No big aches and pains yet, though.

Next up, I pedaled back to THS for my monthly union meeting.
Fortunately, it didn't last too long because I had a date with my TV. Yes, on No-TV Tuesday I sat for hours and watched my TV. But I've always had an exception for the news. I'm not trying to block out the world on Tuesdays - just cut the vegging.

We watched anxiously as the results poured in and the electoral college numbers added up. And then came the news we were hoping for: Ohio!
(source)

Congratulations, Mr. President!

I finally got to sleep after the concession and acceptance speeches. Way too late for me. But it was worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. Good reason to watch TV and you could just skip it on Thursday this week :)

    ReplyDelete