Monday, October 20, 2014

5.5 miles, new kicks and endless shrimp

This was a big weekend of fun. It started with a rainy Friday night watching my Tigers stomp the West Linn Lions! Still undefeated!

Saturday morning we were up early to squeeze in a run before a day of activities. Brad joined me as my newly graduated heel stepped up to 5-minute run intervals. In all, I did 5.43 miles of running and walking - the farthest I've run in a while.
 
The foot did good. I felt it just a couple times, with very minor pain.

This was my longest run of the week, then on to 10-minute intervals next weekend!

I wore my new kicks!
 
I have a collection of new running shoes in my closet, as since my last pair has about 250 miles on them, I pulled out a new pair of Saucony Guides. The pink and purple went with my shorts!

Even though we hit the road at 7 a.m., it was so warm. The sunrise was gorgeous (as always), and this was the view when we finished:
After stretching and showers, it was off to the REI used-gear sale. We wondered around for a while, snagging a new pair of Guides (used once!) and a few odds and ends. By then we were starving, so it was on to Red Lobster for Endless Shrimp!

We'd been seeing the commercials and decided Saturday would be a good day to indulge. And we did indulge:
We tried all six flavors and really liked the Sriracha shrimp. Oh, and those Cheddar Bay Biscuits!!! We both ate too much, but it was so good. YUM :)

Next was a stop at the Art in the 'Burbs show at Alberta Rider Elementary School. We wondered around but didn't see anything we couldn't live without, so we moved on to the West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta in Tualatin.

The place was packed, but we did manage to sneak a peak at the first race:
After all that excitement, Brad napped for about 3 hours! A good way to spend a fall Saturday.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment