Monday, October 13, 2014

Pain-free trail run!

Eryn and I are helping this year with the THS marching band. Because we had a competition Saturday in Vancouver, we decided to run the trail at Lacamas Lake in the morning.

It rained hard all night, and the trail was drippy and a little muddy. But the temp was warm - about 60 degrees - and it was perfect!
Fogging up!
We had to drive two cars anyway, so we parked one at the west end and then drove to the east end to start our one-way run. Eryn and I walked the first 5 minutes to warm up, then we parted ways and did our own workouts.

Still nursing my Achilles tendon issue, I run 3-minute intervals with 1-minute walk breaks between. I felt great, so I ran hard and fast! Once I hit the end, I ran back until I found my sis, then we finished together. I ended up with 4.21 miles.
The weather was terrific. The trail was gorgeous. My legs and lungs were strong. But the best part? It was totally pain free! The uneven surface of trails has been a big irritant to my weak tendon. But it was FINE! No problems at all. WOOHOO!

Click HERE to read more about the lake. It has an interesting history.

Eryn and I stopped at my in-laws' house for quick showers before heading to Evergreen High School.

And, of course, we need to refuel:
My first Pumpkin Smash Jamba of the year :)

Our strong run was followed by two good performances by the Tigard High Marching Ensemble. A good day, all the way around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment