Friday, March 2, 2012

Tempo Thursday: another PR!

Thursday. That means another internal debate about going on my tempo run. I am such a wuss.

I even tried to get Brad to cancel my workout for me by volunteering to come right home after work and help him. (He was home after having a strange reaction to the Vicodin he took before bed - after having a root canal)
It didn't work.

So I dutifully changed my clothes in the (CE)2 bathroom and headed outside to run a 5K.

Despite snow on the ground this morning, it was actually sunny and mild this afternoon. Until I stepped outside. Raindrops began falling as I walked across the parking lot. Perfect.
Oh well. Too late to turn back.

So after conquering my lazy wussyness... I ended up having an awesome run and PRing again!
I set a new 5K PR last month, running an 8:58-minute mile - my first time breaking the 9-minute mark.

This time I ran the 5K in 26:29, an 8:32-minute mile. Holy crap. I almost feel like my Garmin screwed up!
My splits:

Mile 1 - 8:36 pace
Mile 2 - 8:33 pace
Mile 3.1 - 8:28 pace

With warmup and cooldown, I did 3.53 miles in 30:56.

I had a meeting at 4:30 at THS, so I tried something new: I showered in the locker room!
I used the women's staff shower and was in and out pretty quick. I don't think I'll do it often, but it's nice to have the option.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment