Saturday, March 24, 2012

Race with a View

Guess what I'm doing for Spring Break?
I'm one of the staff chaperones for the THS band trip to Disneyland! I went two years ago and had a great time:
We don't leave until midweek, so I get a vacation AND a vacation! Yippee :)

Our time in Southern California is going to be great - lots of performances and fun times.

My whole fam is going, minus Brad who would rather gouge out his own eyes than spend a week with 150 teenagers at Disneyland... during Spring Break. Eryn and I need to run 7 miles while we're down there next weekend, so I found us a race!
The Race with a View is a 5k/10k run/walk at Long Beach, just about 35 minutes from our hotel. It's Sunday morning, so we'ill have plenty of time to run, celebrate with froyo and get back before our afternoon Disneyland parade performance.

It goes right along the beach - should be beautiful!
We formed a team (discounted entry!!) and convinced Dad and Lynn to do it with us (maybe Mom, too).

After recent runs in the snow, I'm really looking forward to this sunny beach race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment