Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tempo 'Thursday': Wintry Mix

No spin class Wednesday. And since I have a long run coming this weekend, I decided to move up my tempo run to allow more leg rest.

The weather was miserable Wednesday. It was barely above freezing and raining all day. As usual, I tried to talk myself out of going a day early, but I stuck with it and, as usual, was glad that I did :)
When I stepped outside after school, I realized that rain was actually a "wintry mix" of rain and snow. Of course it was!

I planned to run a little slower and a little longer than I have been on my tempo days -- around a 9-minute mile for 4 miles or so.

Here's how it ended up:

Mile 1 - 8:59
Mile 2 - 9:01
Mile 3 - 8:55
Mile 4 - 8:54
Mile 4.25 - 9:21 - cool down

Total 4.25 miles in 38:11 - an 8:59 overall average.
I was soaked but warm enough when I finished. A good, strong run.
Yippee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment