Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tempo Thursday: lead legs

I need a rest.
I usually take off Tuesdays to allow for a nice rest between my two spin days. But this week I did a little under 4 easy miles with Eryn instead. I think that, combined with killer weekend hills, did me in.

It was monsooning this morning, and I decided to skip my tempo run and hide inside my garage on my elliptical instead. But then when it came time to run, it had stopped raining. And it's about 50 degrees outside, so there were no excuses.
Knowing I had tired legs, I planned to just run about 3 miles at a quick but not killer pace.

I did a warm-up mile at a 9:33 pace. Mile 2 was much faster at 8:28. My quads, hammies and calves were really tight and sore, and I couldn't maintain. Mile 3 dropped to 8:37.

I did a short cool-down jog and finished 3.21 miles in 28:45:
Overall, that's an 8:57 average. All things considered, I'll take it :)

Did you squeeze in a workout today?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment