Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No-TV Tuesday: toys and treadmill

As has become the norm, my No-TV Tuesday was full of chores.

I did a big grocery shopping trip to Winco and Grocery Outlet, deposited some checks at the bank and did a little Christmas shopping :)

I managed some straightening up at home, though it still looks like a bomb went off in several rooms. Oh well.

Tuesday calls for speedwork, and I hit the treadmill for six 400-meter intervals. (One thing I love about the treadmill is running shirtless - something I won't do around the neighborhood, especially the neighborhood where my students live!)
With warmup and cooldown, 4.09 miles in all:
Then I rushed to meet Eryn and Mom for our annual trip to Bi-Mart to buy stuff for the toy drive!

Between the three of us, I think we filled eight carts with toys! And then we FILLED my car and the inside of Mom's extended cab truck.

And there was a ghost in my car - yikes!
Those toys will go today to Medical Teams International for distribution to local agencies.

Why do we do this each year? We fully believe that those who can must help those who can't. We have been blessed, and it is our responsibility to help others.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment