Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Orange chick'n

During a recent trip to Winco, I spotted this Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n in the frozen-food section - no dairy, no eggs (or sesame e!

I needed a fast meal before last night's handbell rehearsal, so I sauteed up the little protein pieces and tossed in sauce. I already had brown rice cooked up in the fridge.
I added just a sprinkle of salt and thought it was very good!

Brad took a couple bites and passed, thinking it was bland and needed sauce. The sauce that came with it was just a coating, not a liquidy bath for them to float around in. I think that's what Brad would have preferred :)

He said he would have eaten it if we had sweet-and-sour sauce in the fridge.

I will get this again and keep it in the freezer for dinner emergencies. I'll also get some sweet-and-sour sauce for Brad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment