Saturday, December 1, 2012

Proof that I'll buy anything that's cheap

Those who know me well know that I love a deal, especially when it comes to outdoor gear or workout clothes!

Awhile back I spotted some hideously ugly capris on the clearance rack at the Nike outlet in Woodburn. I think they were marked all the way down to $7 or something crazy like that. They fit great, and I was so proud of my score!

I dug them out for my early-morning run today. Fancy pants!
I was running through town in my $7 Nike pants and my less-than-half-price all-black Saucony Guides, neither of which I would have even looked at twice if they were full price. Ugly... but CHEAP!
But I love my shirt, which was free at a race, and my jacket, which was way cheap on the girls' clearance rack at Dick's! Oh, and my gloves were from Value Village. Ha :)

This week's long run was just 5 miles. I ran a bit slower than a 10-minute average and then sped up for the final mile, finishing 5.08 miles at exactly 10:00 pace:
With  a packed Saturday schedule, I knew I had to hit the road early to squeeze in my run. It was a gorgeous sunrise and a warm, calm, mostly dry workout. 

Half-marathon training Week 1 - DONE!
Sunday: 3.05 miles
Monday: spin class
Tuesday: 2.25 miles - speedwork
Wednesday: 3.01 miles
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: 3.0 miles
Saturday: 5.08 miles

Week 1 Total:  16.39 miles

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment