Wednesday, December 5, 2012

No. 35

I think my grand experiment is paying off! 

I decided in the spring to start reading the first fiction shelf in the THS library - for variety and for a change of pace. 

When I saw the next book on the shelf, The Outlander by Gil Adamson, I actually felt dread. This is a book that I never would have chosen on my own. Never.

But, I really liked it and am so glad I was "forced" to read it. It's set around the turn of the century and is about a woman who kills her abusive husband and then runs from his vengeful brothers. They pursue her through the mountains, and it's really the story of her survival.

I highly recommend it :)

** I just saw that I read 39 books in 2011! I need to speed it up if I'm going to beat my record :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment