Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chatty run

Lindsey joined me for my Wednesday run!
 
Because no one seems to run my pace, my workouts are usually solo. But this training program has me doing midweek runs right around Lindsey's current speed. Our schedules lined up, and she came with me as we explored the neighborhood on foot.

It was exactly what I needed. And people sure are right when they say the miles fly by when you're chatting!

We covered 3.57 miles at a 10:52 pace, including a couple short walk breaks.
I'll be doing these training runs for at least the next 10 weeks, so hopefully our schedules will line up again so we can go together!

On the down side, my right hip started bothering me Wednesday morning - like I'd slept wrong and pinched something. As the day progressed, the pain got worse and started radiating down into my knee. I couldn't seem to hit the spot with a stretch.

I went ahead and ran and didn't feel it for the first couple miles. By the end, it was coming back. After my run, it was killing me - hip and knee. 

I think it's my IT band, a common runner injury but something that's never been a problem for me.

I did a ton of stretching and rolling and icing. Then I went to bed with Biofreeze gel all over my leg. Side note: It was really cold and hard to fall asleep!

Thursday evening update: It's better this evening, but I can still feel it. Today's a rest day. Tomorrow might be a rest day, too. More ice and Biofreeze. Praying it's not a long-term injury

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment