Friday, December 21, 2012

Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions


I'd been eying this recipe for Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions on Oh She Glows and decided to give it a try last night.

The ingredients were simple, but apparently I forgot that risotto is a very time-consuming process. Oops.

It said to stir it every few minutes while waiting for the barley to absorb and the onions to caramelize. SO... I set my oven timer over and over and over and ran around the house doing mini chores between beeps - for an hour!

Fortunately, the recipe turned out well. I did think it was a bit salty. The part about the onions said to "sprinkle liberally with salt" - and because I didn't know her definition of "liberally", I think I over salted.

Honestly, I don't think I'd make this again just because it took so long. But it was really tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment