Saturday, December 8, 2012

Smells of a Saturday-morning run

Had some stuff to do today, so I was out the door by 8 a.m. for my 6-mile run.
There are all kinds of fun smells when you run through residential areas on a Saturday morning. Before I even got off my street, I was smelling pancakes - hot and greasy on the griddle.

Then came some bacon. And then old-lady perfume. And apple cider. And chlorine. Good times :)
It was a good, solid run. I was aiming at 10-minute miles, my half-marathon goal pace.

I ended up doing 6.22 miles at a 9:57:
On my porch, I was greeted by Christmas Mickey:
And Door Bear, all decked out for the holidays:
Half-marathon training Week 2 - DONE!
Sunday: Rest Day
Monday: spin class
Tuesday: 2.91 miles - speedwork
Wednesday: 3.0 miles
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: 3.27 miles
Saturday: 6.22 miles
Week 2 Total:  15.4 miles

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment