Saturday, January 12, 2013

10 after work

Last weekend's mountain plans got all messed up because it didn't snow all week. But it's been coming down this week, so we're trying again!

But with Saturday dedicated to cross-country skiing, I decided to bump my long run to right after work Friday. I can squeeze in 10 miles before dark!

It was really cold - colder than it was supposed to be. But I was committed, so I bundled up a bit and went for it.
With the help of Google Maps, I plotted a new route from King City to Tualatin. I headed out to Deer Creek Elementary School, down to Hazelbrook Middle School and back to THS through Tualatin and Cook parks. I finished in Cook Park and walked up the big hill as a cool down.

Look at that sunset!
It was a comfortable run on a nice afternoon with a fun new route!

I turned off the ol' Garmin both times that I waited to cross the highway and forgot to restart it at Fischer Road. Oops. So I'll add .10 to this for a grand total of 10.11 miles - at a 10:02 average:
That's exactly what I was aiming for - nice and easy.

What a beautiful afternoon for a 10 miler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment