Thursday, January 24, 2013

Banana bread

Last week, I was all set to bake banana bread for my students. I'd been collecting bananas, and they were perfectly overripe and waiting for me on the counter in CE2. But the night before I was set to bake, someone threw them away!  :(

Fortunately, my very thoughtful father brought me a bunch he had that were on their way out. I finally had time to bake again, so I whipped up a batch this morning in the CE2 kitchen.


I've used this recipe for years, and I love it. It's very quick and simple - and tastes amazing. AND... it's naturally cow-free - no modifications needed!

3 c flour
3 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
cinnamon to taste (I use just a dash)
2 eggs
mashed bananas (I think I used 5 - whatever I had)
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c veggie oil
1 c nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Pour into two prepared loaf pans. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. For nice, clean slices, cool before cutting. (Modified from Better Homes and Gardens)


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment