Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting out right

Instead of staying up for the New Years revelry, the fam opted to celebrate quietly with a burrito bar and cards. At 9 p.m., we yelled "Happy New Year!" and then went to bed. 
Celebrating East-Coast New Years had some big benefits, including being ready to face the world bright and early on New Years Day.

The sun was barely up when Mom picked me up for our first exercise of 2013.
And Mr. Moon:
We hiked up and down and around Tryon State Park, covering about 2.75 miles in the very cold early hours of the day.
That was just a bonus workout for me. In the evening, I wanted to just curl up with my first book of 2013. But I worked up the energy to hit the treadmill for my training-program-prescribed tempo run.
In 41 minutes, I warmed up, ramped up, maintained tempo and cooled down for 4.04 miles:
Here's to good health and good fitness in the new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment