Monday, March 16, 2015

Nos. 9, 10, 11 & 12

I read two books at once this time, a fiction to entertain my brain and a running book to expand my brain.

As expected, I flew through Joanne Fluke's Carrot Cake Murder:
Brad ordered Daniels' Running Formula and has already started following this program for his upcoming marathon (Vancouver USA in June). He suggested I read it. Brad really loves reading how-to type books, but I have a really hard time with them.

Daniels is very technical with lots of formulas and charts and such. It's not that I don't understand them, but I just get so bogged down processing all that info.
So while I was still slogging through the running book, I picked up my last Fluke: Apple Turnover Murder.
Such an easy, fun, effortless read :)

To be honest, I was still working through Daniels when I picked up No. 12: 
Patricia Houck Sprinkle's Somebody's Dead in Snellville was a fairly standard murder mystery. It was well written, but there were SO many characters. I usually read while falling asleep for an afternoon nap or at night. My tired mind just couldn't keep track of everyone in this hill-billy family.

But I still enjoyed it!

I finally finished the running book this weekend - woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment