Thursday, May 3, 2012

Muffin Wednesday: Cheese

OK - this is from last week. I got behind :)

Last month I made Orange Muffins, a variation on Plain Muffins in the book.
This time I did the cheese version of the same recipe - because we had a huge bag of shredded cheese in the (CE)2 fridge.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin pans.

2 c flour
3 t baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1 c shredded cheese
1 c milk
1 egg, beaten
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 t vanilla

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cheese. Make a well in the center.

2. In a smaller bowl, combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla.

3. Add liquid to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just until combined.

4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling about three-quarters full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tasted one straight from the oven and it didn't have any flavor. I let it cool for a few minutes and it was better - tasted like a cheesy biscuit. The students liked them, but a couple thought butter was needed. 

I think they would make a nice side to a dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment