Friday, May 4, 2012

Tempo Thursday: a windy 5K

Thankfully, Thursday's steady rain stopped in time for me to head out for my after-work run. But while it was dry, the storm continued with lots of very gusty wind.
I always complain that I can feel strong headwinds but never feel the tailwinds. Well, this time I felt those tailwinds. A couple times I felt like I was being shoved from behind! (But that also meant the wind was pushing me backward when I went the other direction!)

With a long run coming this weekend and two races in the next three weeks, I didn't want to push it. I decided to keep it around 9-minute miles for about a 5K.

I ended up doing 3.13 miles in 28:10 - a 9:01 average.
My splits:
Mile 1 - 9:07
Mile 2 - 9:03
Mile 3 - 8:56
.13 - 8:32

It feels amazing that an "easy" steady three miles is a 9-minute average for me now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment