Saturday, May 26, 2012

Tempo "Thursday": quick elliptical

I am pooped from Sunday's race (that post is coming... I promise!). My muscles feel fairly good, but all I really want to do is sleep! And I'm still extra hungry as my body works to repair itself.

But I got in a nice short morning recovery run Monday and made it to spin class Wednesday. Spin was hard but didn't kill me. I could definitely tell that I was not 100%, but I felt OK - so glad I went.

I tried to convince myself all day Thursday that I needed to get out and stretch my legs after work. Then I walked outside and heard rolling thunder coming from the scary gray clouds overhead.

OK - no running for me! I'll run in a lot of crazy weather - but not thunder and lightning!

So Tempo Thursday again became Tempo Friday. 
I had just a short time to squeeze in a workout today, so I hit the elliptical for 25 minutes. I brought up "How I Met Your Mother" on Netflix and watched my iPod while I sweated.

Some fun workouts planned for the holiday weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment